1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Browser

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eventhorizon, Sep 17, 2011.

1. eventhorizon

eventhorizon Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Physician
    Jacksonville, FL
    My $0.02: I have been trying various browsers lately (Default Android, Firefox, Dolphin Pad, and Opera -full version) and I cannot help but notice that scrolling in Opera is light-years smoother than the other browsers. Has anyone else noticed this but me? It is really noticeable when scrolling through this forum.

Is there a missing setting in the other browsers that I am forgetting?

Advertisement

2. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    NW FL
    I agree. Since the last update, Opera has become the browser of choice..hands down. I don't think you're missing a setting

3. s_special

s_special Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    socal
    Just downloaded opera and i have to agree about the fluid response of the browser. I think I still dig dolphin though for ease of use with tabs and shortcuts

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Opera Mobile is the one I use most often on my Eee Pad. I like it mainly for it's lag-free keyboard entry. With the stock Browser, there is some lag when typing on various web sites, especially the Android Forums web site. Also, the cursor is not in the right place on the stock Browser. I have none of these issues on Opera Mobile.

Opera Mobile does not provide full functionality for certain web sites. Any web sites that use Disqus for comments does not allow me to enter comments if I use Opera Mobile. I have to use the stock Browser in order to add comments via Disqus. I sometimes use the stock Browser for sites like this and other sites that Opera Mobile has issues with.

I do find that the latest version of Opera Mobile is excellent. I had issues where text I have entered such as posts on this forum just disappear on me. This latest release of Opera Mobile seems to have fixed that issue. That was the main reason I used to use the stock Browser a lot more. Now that this issue is fixed, I use Opera Mobile a lot more now.

Another great feature is that my book marks are synced between my tablet and phone. I primarily use Opera Mini on my phone as the Mini version works better on my phone than the Mobile version.

5. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    I like Dolphin For Pad. It's still an early version, but what I like about it is the lag-free typing on this forum and the easy way you can organise your bookmarks, and it's pretty fast too.

6. eventhorizon

eventhorizon Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Physician
    Jacksonville, FL
    The new update to Firefox has improved the scrolling somewhat. However, still not as slick as on opera.

7. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Android Enthusiast
    None

Do all of them run flash?