• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser???

droidluvr

Lurker
Dec 28, 2011
What's the best browser for Android? I've been using the 'stock' browser with minimal complains, but I'm wondering if there's something better out there.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Firefox for droid...and though I haven't tried it out for myself, I'm staying far away from it.

So any suggestions? I've heard someone say Dolphin is a good one?

I primarily use Opera Mini on my phone as it is very fast and saves on the data used.

I primarily use Dolphin HD on my tablet as I really like the gestures and it supports Disqus unlike Opera Mobile.

Occasionally, I use the stock browser on my phone and tablet as I found that the alternative browsers seem to not support a web page here or there where as the stock browser works for almost all pages I view.

I don't set a default browser. I just select which ever one is approriate for the site or page.

Upvote 0
...and after further testing and 1 year with Boat-mini, I have switched to Dolphin HD. On my Galaxy Player 5.0 it is perfect! Very clean UI, and the "Webzine" UI is fantastic for RSS feeds. I just uninstalled Pulse, because I like Webzine so much better. Much more readable and easier to see what you're looking for. Saves articles to SD for off-line. Never thought I'd like or use gestures, but they are handy.

I also just tried Firefox, which I was hoping would be decent, but it's just a resource hog. My player slowed to half speed, and chugged along even after exiting. Uninstalled within 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
I also just tried Firefox, which I was hoping would be decent, but it's just a resource hog. My player slowed to half speed, and chugged along even after exiting. Uninstalled within 5 minutes.
Using standard, market-issue Firefox 9. For me, it does take a few seconds to open up, but once going it loads pages and scrolls faster and smoother than the stock browser on GB 2.3.4. And I still like the UI best.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones