1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Browser???

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by droidluvr, Dec 28, 2011.

1. droidluvr

droidluvr Lurker

What's the best browser for Android? I've been using the 'stock' browser with minimal complains, but I'm wondering if there's something better out there.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Firefox for droid...and though I haven't tried it out for myself, I'm staying far away from it.

So any suggestions? I've heard someone say Dolphin is a good one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FCUM

FCUM Member

I use Opera. Was the only one I could find that could match the smoothness of the browser that I had in my iphone.

UssjTrunks likes this.
  3. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Dolphin or Boat

5. valorian

valorian Android Expert

I've been using Dolphin. I really like the gesture support it has.

6. Stevex998

Stevex998 Newbie

Installed Dolphin a couple of days ago...100 times better than standard.

7. tbml

tbml Newbie

8. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

I've used Firefox as my default browser for a long, long time. Best UI of all and some nice extensions. Loads pages quickly. And no, I don't give a flying fig about friggin' flash.

9. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast

+1

Opera is by far the smoothest browser on Android. It's also very quick. I would go for Mobile over Mini as it's just as fast, and more feature filled.

10. audrey20142

audrey20142 Lurker

hi, just got my samsung galaxy s2. when i check my email, using Gmail, i cannot find my contacts anywhere! it's driving me mad! any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks. :)

11. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

+1 for Dolphin.

12. Bob253

Bob253 Well-Known Member

I use Dolphin HD or Opera.
    Would like to use FF because I use it on the Mac and it is pretty secure. But from the various forums FF on Android is crap ( no offence to anyone), just what I read, or maybe it's not so good.

I am open to suggestions.

13. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I primarily use Opera Mini on my phone as it is very fast and saves on the data used.

I primarily use Dolphin HD on my tablet as I really like the gestures and it supports Disqus unlike Opera Mobile.

Occasionally, I use the stock browser on my phone and tablet as I found that the alternative browsers seem to not support a web page here or there where as the stock browser works for almost all pages I view.

I don't set a default browser. I just select which ever one is approriate for the site or page.

14. sparcflash

sparcflash Newbie

I used Miren happily for a while, now trying Maxthon Mobile - flash video and themes...plus sync w/ desktop if you want. So far so good!

15. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

16. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

...and after further testing and 1 year with Boat-mini, I have switched to Dolphin HD. On my Galaxy Player 5.0 it is perfect! Very clean UI, and the "Webzine" UI is fantastic for RSS feeds. I just uninstalled Pulse, because I like Webzine so much better. Much more readable and easier to see what you're looking for. Saves articles to SD for off-line. Never thought I'd like or use gestures, but they are handy.

I also just tried Firefox, which I was hoping would be decent, but it's just a resource hog. My player slowed to half speed, and chugged along even after exiting. Uninstalled within 5 minutes.

17. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Using standard, market-issue Firefox 9. For me, it does take a few seconds to open up, but once going it loads pages and scrolls faster and smoother than the stock browser on GB 2.3.4. And I still like the UI best.

18. tmaertin

tmaertin Newbie

I love Opera Mobile - part of the draw for me is I use Opera on windows, and Opera Link allows me to sync bookmarks, speed dial and site whitelists (sites that I allow javascript and/or plugins to run). Browser is fast and works well on android - you can even add an exit button to the menu that actually terms the app.