• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just got my Backflip yesterday so this may be jumping the gun a bit, but I can't seem to get my browser to work right.

When I have WiFi turned on, it works fine. Website load really fast and look great. But, if I turn WiFi off, I get an error message that the website is blocked. I don't have G3, but do connect to the Edge network. On my Blackberry, the phone I had previous to this one, I could get internet on just the Edge network. Is this something specific to the Backflip, or is it a bug with my phone? Should I be able to browse the web on less than WiFi?

After doing everythign I could think of (turning on/off phone, turning on/off airplane mode, factory reset) I finally gave up and called AT&T. Come to find out I had a block on my phone that I wasn't aware of. It was something to do with MediaNet, which I never use, so I'm not sure if this was a default thing or something that happened a long time ago and I just don't remember.

Upvote 0
After doing everythign I could think of (turning on/off phone, turning on/off airplane mode, factory reset) I finally gave up and called AT&T. Come to find out I had a block on my phone that I wasn't aware of. It was something to do with MediaNet, which I never use, so I'm not sure if this was a default thing or something that happened a long time ago and I just don't remember.

I had that on my wife's phone. We blocked MediaNet a while ago. Now, even though she has data, no internet. I called and they changed to pay per use MediaNet and everything started working

Upvote 0
It seems to have fixed all kinds of problems on mine. Before removing the block my contacts wouldn't sync correctly, either. I had twitter, facebook and myspace, but it would only pull pictures from my facebook contacts. Now it'll pull them from whereever it finds one.

Funny how one little block could make such a big difference!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones