• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Chrome definitely keeps up with everything across all your devices. It seems to be a resource hog on the phone though. I have it turned off and I'm using the browser. I like the browser bar on the built in browser.

i have not really noticed any huge battery drain with chrome compared to other browsers. my battery life has been great so far so for me chrome all the way.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know which browser offers flash support? Boat used to on my Nexus7, but does not any more. So I use Firefox on that - and i dislike it intensely. How do you get flash support on Chrome or Dolphin or Boat? I've tried add-ons (all on my N7 - haven't played with that with the N3 yet) but they're a headache and seem to crash a lot.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Does anyone know which browser offers flash support? Boat used to on my Nexus7, but does not any more. So I use Firefox on that - and i dislike it intensely. How do you get flash support on Chrome or Dolphin or Boat? I've tried add-ons (all on my N7 - haven't played with that with the N3 yet) but they're a headache and seem to crash a lot.

Thanks!

One of Mike's videos explains how to install (an older version of) flash. [I'll have a look for it]. Or there's Puffin which does Flash by using an external server - not always convenient.

Upvote 0
chrome.....i like it cuz my bookmarks from my pc (i use chrome) gets sync'd on my note 3.

I usually use both...but I'm SO disappointed. On my Note 2, I switched back to the stock browser because it supported Sync of my Chrome bookmarks. I honestly don't know how/why it did it, but it definitely did (including all the folders I set up).

Now, on the Note 3, it doesn't Sync my Chrome bookmarks at all. What's difficult with this is that, I also use Android Pro Widgets, which was a means for me to have all my bookmark folders on one of my homescreens! So convenient, when wanting to go directly to a website quickly.

If anybody figures out how to Sync the stock browser with Chrome Bookmarks again, please post the info up.

Upvote 0
So no Safari, then? Funny, that.
Note3bsmiley_zpsc29b2f9a.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones