• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browsers on Bionic?

Reactions: -=Jeff=-
Upvote 0
Download Bookmarks to SD from the MArket and install on your phone.

Open it up and export your bookmarks from dolphin to SD. (name it something easy)

Do this next part on the Computer.. export your bookmarks from your browser (becomes an html file) name it the same as you did for the phone.

Copy the html from your PC to your phone overwriting your file you created on the phone.

Run the Bookmarks to SD again and import that file to Dolphin.

All done..

not sure you need to do the dolphin export first but when I found the info when I searched around for it.

I am now using Dolphin as my default browser

Upvote 0
Almost all the browsers support flash...firefox does not support flash though.
There are a number of browsers and each one is improving, but in my opinion non are as good as they should be, but seem to be getting better.
Dolphin is my preferred but up until recently had some nasty bugs with scrolling
ff seems to lag on some forums
opera has issues with js, specifically google translate.
maxthom, only played with it, seems like dolphin in many ways
anyways there are alot of browsers, try them all if you like and pick the one you prefer...its your phone afterall

Upvote 0
Big Dolphin HD fan, but lately I just can't get enough of Boat Browser. It’s super-fast and has all the features I need, without some of the annoyances of Dolphin (accidentally sliding the favorites open when trying to scroll horizontally, for example, always drove me nuts). Highly recommend Boat Browser at the link to the Market above.

Oh and forgot to mention -- it does support Flash.

Upvote 0
Anyone having problems with HD restarting itself. For example go to a page and it just closes up?
Yup happens, probably daily or so. Ive had it happen on nearly every browser though.

If you guys really want to see a site that messes with every browser try The Hot Pepper

Dolphin, try to login
Opera, try to write anything
Firefox, works for a little while then lags like no other to the point it is useless...usually just a couple minutes in.

and so forth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones