1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Browsers that support frames

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by djcollin47, Jan 12, 2013.

1. djcollin47

djcollin47 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    I'm considering switching from an iPad to an android based tablet but would like to know if there are any browsers in the android platform that support web pages that have frames. My company time card is web based and when iewed on a PC/laptop has two frames, one for the charge number and one for entering the hours worked. I can't access the latter on any iPad browsers and need to know if any do on a droid os. I want to be able to leave my laptop at home when I travel for business and use just a tablet, but that is my major deal breaker.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!
    it will kind of depend on what plug ins the browser will need. i know on my asus infinity both my dolphin and chrome browser, i can't access some stuff from my work. it says that my browser does not support the plug in needed to run this site. so it depends.

maybe head on out to best buy and try their tablets out and see if you can get it to work for you.

3. djcollin47

djcollin47 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks, tried that at staples on both a nexus and galaxy tab, but they only had stock browsers without plug ins.

4. ferchl

ferchl Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    The Chrome browser on my Nexus 7 supports scrolling within frames. The only complaint I have with Chrome is that it does not have a full screen mode. That's not a problem in portrait, but it's really annoying in landscape. Of course, Google needs to give us an option to hide the navigation bar as well, but that's an OS issue.

Simple frames test: Go to kitwats dot com and see if you can scroll the left and right frames independently.

P.S. Firefox on Android also supports scrolling within frames.

ocnbrze likes this.