1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

BSOD When connecting to Computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbrainerdii, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mbrainerdii

mbrainerdii Newbie

My wife's Rezound crashes our computer instantly when connected via USB cable. Any suggestions? We have Vista. Otherwise the computer is a solid machine. We've had HTC phones in the past with no problems. Would this be an issue with the phone or with the computer? Might ICS update fix this issue (when and if it comes out)?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

I know this sounds silly. But did you use the usb cable that was provided with the phone or just a standard usb cable?

As soon as you plug it in you get a BSOD or do you get it when you select what function you want the phone to be in? like charge only/storage/ etc....

mbrainerdii likes this.
  3. mbrainerdii

mbrainerdii Newbie

It happens with either a standard cable or the one it came with. It is immediate, don't even get to select to mount etc.

4. trophynuts

do you have another PC that you could try it on?

5. mbrainerdii

mbrainerdii Newbie

It apparently has no problems on her Win XP computer at work. Must be a Vista issue.

6. trophynuts

could be. I assume you haven't installed any drivers correct?

7. dnk1102

dnk1102 Lurker

I'm having same problem, no matter what drivers or how many times I try, right after plugging the Rezound in to my laptop (Vista) It crashes and I get the BSOD!!

Any help??

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews