1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

BT & Pandora Help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by joysan, Nov 10, 2014.

1. joysan

joysan Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm fairly new to Tasker and have several basic tasks/profiles set up. I keep running into issues with my BT setup though and I'm getting frustrated as I can't figure out what the problem is. Here's my setup:

I have my BT always on with the exception of it being turned off when connected to my Home WiFi. This doesn't seem to be an issue. But I am having trouble with Pandora enabling/disabling when my car BT is connected.

If HandsFreeLink BT is Connected then run Pandora task.

Pandora Task:
    1. Send Intent:
    Action com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND
    Extra cmd:100 (this stops and closes my Poweramp player that automatically plays when BT or Headphones are detected)
    2. Wait 5 seconds
    3. Launch Pandora App
    4. Go Home

Pandora Exit Task:
    1. Kill App
    App Pandora Use Root Off
    2. Send Intent
    Action com.pandroa.android.Main
    Extra cmd:18
    (I have both tasks set up because the Kill App feature didn't seem to turn off Pandora)

This doesn't work all the time and I'm not sure why. I am thinking it could be something to do with the way Tasker validates the properties, like the interval times, but I don't know. I notice that if I get out of my car Tasker will go through the motions of exiting out of Pandora as expected. But if I get back into my car 15 minutes later, it doesn't run the task even if Tasker says the profile is enabled...

Sorry if this is confusing. If I can clarify on anything please let me know. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

TL;DR: BT + Pandora task is inconsistent. Help. Thank you.

Advertisement