• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buddy Up app. Browse people's interests in your vicinity. How would you use it?

I recently developed an app called Buddy Up which allows you to browse through people 150ft of your android phone and message them. You register a profile and list any interests that you may have. Once you log in you can browse through other people's interests as long as they are 150 ft away from you. There is also an "On My Mind" status update section to let those around you know what's on your mind. Find it in the market. Look for the blue radar icon. It should be on page 2. Tell me what you think about it and how you would use it.

privacy settings are built in to the app

I would use it at networking events to find people with similar interests or to find people with a certain skill set. Or just to see what other people are thinking about at an event.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones