1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Bug]? Compound conditional wrong at power-on

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Charper99, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Charper99

Charper99 Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    I have a task that's designed to set silent mode when I'm at work, and send a text when I leave. I'm using net-based location and checking on the status of my bluetooth (which means I'm either in my car or at home). The idea here is that if I arrive at work and turn off my car, it enters silent mode. When I connect bluetooth, silent mode turns off and the SMS sends. If I happen to be driving by, the bluetooth stays connected and nothing happens.

The task is:
    (Loc Near Work) + (Not Bluetooth Connected *,*)
    -> Silent Mode Vibrate
    <- Silent Mode Off, Send SMS

The problem:
    When I restart my phone anywhere (it can literally be hundreds of miles away), the SMS fires off.

Sanity checks:
    The SMS sends 100% of the time with the task as shown. If either launch condition is removed, restarting the phone works as expected.

Advertisement

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    Just for giggles, what happens if you changed the location source to GPS? I'm wondering if the inaccuracy of network-based location is causing the profile to fire incorrectly after a reboot.

Another idea might be to add a new profile that waits for maybe one minute after Device Boot before enabling your work profile.

3. Charper99

Charper99 Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    I thought the same thing too; which is why I tried running it with only that trigger, which works fine.

However, I just tried your suggestion. Nope: the text message still fires off with GPS-enabled position.

4. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Oct 29, 2013
    Male
    SysAdmin
    Huntsville, AL
    Have you tried using a plugin like AutoLocation, which may allow a finer degree of control over how the location-based profile triggers? I believe you can set that to only run the exit task upon leaving the defined area.