1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bug in GTalk (Talk) app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jespr, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jespr

jespr Lurker

Hi,

I'm seeing some weird behavior in the Talk app on the Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.0.3). I also had the behavior before i upgraded from gingerbread to ICS.

The problem is, when I use Talk to chat with my contacts, all of our messages are grouped together. All of my messages show up at the bottom of the list, and everytime I write a new message it is appended to the bottom. The contact I'm chatting with, his/hers messages shows up at the top of the list, so all his/hers messages are grouped up there, and the new message is appended to their grouped messages.

This means I have to scroll up every time I need to see what new message they just wrote.

Do you guys know what's wrong? I had the same problem on Gingerbread. It went away when I upgraded to ICS. But after a night of sleep where my phone was locked for 6+ hours and I received a lot of Talk messages - the problem was back.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

This is a very weird problem, I haven't seen anyone else with this issue yet.
    Have you tried clearing cache and data of the gmail app in application manager? Try to add another account within gtalk and see if the problem is there on the account too

3. Hi, I am also getting the same problem with Talk application.
    All the messages of mine are grouped in the down and the other persons chat is grouped at the top.

anybody find any solution for this??

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews