1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bug in JB 4.12 on S2 ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swayzak, Jul 28, 2013.

1. swayzak

swayzak Member

Hi

I was pleased to finally receive update for my O2 network nfc S2.

Howeber the google search widget is playing up. If I put in search term and press magnifying glass icon, the search page comes up but nothing happens. I have to touch another search field e.g. images and then touch web again for search to complete.

Am I doing something wrong ?

2. paulsalter

paulsalter Newbie

Just tried it on mine and it works fine

Not sure if relevant, did you setup Google Now when you first ran it, mine is setup for using that

There are 2 widgets for the Google Search, not sure why but they seem to do the same, under all apps/widgets it shows both, see if the other one works any difference

Have you tried clearing cache for the Google Search app, might be corruption from the update, mine has quite a large cache so it seems like data from before the upgrade

3. swayzak

swayzak Member

Thanks

Have enabled Google Now

Can't see option for clearing cache in Settings from within Google search - can you direct me ?

4. paulsalter

paulsalter Newbie

If you go into the main Settings app

then scroll down till you find Google Search, click into this and you should see an option to clear cache

I have done this a few times with apps and it usually fixes any little odditites

5. swayzak

swayzak Member

No Google Search item listed in my Settings...

6. pmerced

pmerced Lurker

Go to Settings and scroll down and select "Application manager" then scroll right to All (applications) tab and you will find it there.

[​IMG]

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews