• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bug? with gallery and possibly browser

Some of the photos in my gallery are being replaced by other photos of mine and it looks like the ones replaced are deleted while the new one is just a duplicate. Around the same time a photo started showing up advertising a free "dolphin browser" in an album titled "my album." Sometimes the browser windows that I have open all close down and a google window opens. Any ideas on what's happening and how to fix it? I can't find anyone else so far who's had this problem.

Galley app will pull ALL image files on your sd card, which are indexed whenever you boot the device (or reboot). That's why you see the dolphin image.

You can force a rescan by using an app like rom toolbox to wipe the data and cache for the gallery system app. When you nope the app after a data wipe, it will rescan and load all sd-saved images.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones