1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Buggy camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OhSeven, Jan 21, 2013.

1. OhSeven

OhSeven Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    This is the second time something really weird happened while using the camera. The first time, the screen turned off and the phone made strange sounds (not by speaker). I power cycled and it was fine. This time the screen stayed on and I managed to get screenshots, and it returned to normal after locking/unlocking. Is this a software bug or bigger problem needing repair/replacement?

Here are 2 of 5 screenshots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

edit: didn't realize the attachments failed

Advertisement

2. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2012
    I'm curious please ... why are each of those screenshots stitched vertically on the right and horizontally on the bottom? How were they acquired?

I can't duplicate that effect on my N4 either by simultaneous power/low-vol or telling Utter! to "take a screenshot".

Does your phone have a case or covering that is partially obscuring the lens?

3. OhSeven

OhSeven Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    No, that line stitching/wrapping effect was a malfunction. It moved across the screen. It's not the only graphical problem you can see in the screenshot, and the fact that it showed up in a screenshot (taken internally via power+vol down) tells me it's not a problem with the screen.

I'm looking for information about how severe the problem is, because it is obviously a problem.

edit: but we can trade units if you want to replicate this "feature"!

4. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2012
    Assuming that the phone is a Nexus 4 because of the forum you chose, it's certainly a warranty issue that you should raise with Google.

Tags: