• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast 0.2 to be "Epic"

It's going to have the Dogbert app installed on it.

apps.gif

Upvote 0
Hmmmm seems the source is coming out just in time for the Droid X... LOL, Engadget seems to think that this is going to be the big "anouncement" that Verizon and Moto have started teasing today (suppose to be coming on June 29th)...

Bummer that my upgrade is so far away... however my fiance gets her upgrade in Dec... hmmmmmm...

Oh hunny, I think I know what phone you are getting... :p

Upvote 0
Hmmmm seems the source is coming out just in time for the Droid X... LOL, Engadget seems to think that this is going to be the big "anouncement" that Verizon and Moto have started teasing today (suppose to be coming on June 29th)...

Bummer that my upgrade is so far away... however my fiance gets her upgrade in Dec... hmmmmmm...

Oh hunny, I think I know what phone you are getting... :p

Adobe will be at the announcement too! I'm thinkin a little flash player with some Droid x, possibly some Droid 2...throw on some of what Pete's cookin and we got some tasty treats coming to us this month.

...Plus a Butterfinger app for desert!

Upvote 0
Adobe will be at the announcement too! I'm thinkin a little flash player with some Droid x, possibly some Droid 2...throw on some of what Pete's cookin and we got some tasty treats coming to us this month.

...Plus a Butterfinger app for desert!

Yea saw a quick overview of the Droid X over at Engadget, and all I can say is *drool*... It comes with Swype pre loaded, plus a multi touch keyboard... They are saying the new MotoBlur theme (NinjaBlur) is a TON better then what it was on other phones too... Of course I'm sure it will be rooted and ROM the day before it comes out :)

Also said it comes with a pre installed Blockbuster app, so it looks like with the HDMI plug there will be a whole lotta multi media lovin'

Upvote 0
Pete said:
*Version 0.2
-Fixed Apps2SD on Froyo! Most apps will now install to the sdcard automatically
-Updated Busybox to V1.16.1 (more commands)
-Fixed busybox wget command
-Readded automatic overclock to highest available slot
-Added full sysctl support
-Added Google DNS for a faster and safer browsing experience
-Removed google analytics from hosts for ROM Manager stats
-Made ADB Shell run as root by default (eliminates the need to type in su)
-Added Reboot Recovery option (hold power & vol up button)
-Added Reboot option (hold power & vol down button)
-Added Shutdown option (hold power & half pressed camera button)
-Added Clean shutdown/startup from Cyanogenmod
-Added custom wallpapers (thanks Prash, HTC, Google, etc.)
-Added MANY new tweaks for added performance and battery life
-Bypassed setup wizard to save time after a data & cache wipe
-Disabled Location Services by default (saves battery life)

Not Epic... :( (Didn't know what to expect anyway.) But better battery life and performance. I do like all the reboot and shut down options though.

Upvote 0
I've been testing v02 all day and I gotta say it's really sweet. Those shut-down options he lists are SO much better than they sound. They work when you're in a boot loop - NO MORE BATTERY PULLS! I SO could have used that when I was trying like 17 Froyo kernels before I found one that would boot up. They also work when you're, say, applying a metamorph theme to the Phone.apk and you get in a FC loop and can't shut down any other way than pulling the battery -- BUT, with those reboot/shutdown options he lists, again, you don't have to pull the battery.

It now also automatically adjusts the max CPU frequency when you load a new kernel. I went from the 800 stock (cpuinfo script showed max freqency of 80000) to ChevyNo1's 1.1Ghz and ran the cpuinfo script again first thing when I booted up, and it showed 110000. No more altering the the install-recovery.sh file and no more SetCPU necessary to set max frequency. You still CAN run SetCPU if you wish, though.

The apps2sd mods are sweet, too. Almost all apps install directly to SD card (of course, you can move them to the phone if you wish).

It's very fast and smooth, too and battery life is better. It feels more responsive, even with the stock kernel (and I was running all 20 of my widgets). Also, it's nice that you can just type the script name in terminal emulator -- no more SU needed.

Upvote 0
I think its a fairly epic release. I mean, I didn't really know what to expect. Sure he didn't accidentally increase the the LED power and create a 3 inch light saber, but he may have created the best performing ROM we've seen on the Droid so far...that's pretty epic considering the competition. Now as soon as Fab makes it pretty, I'm on it!

Upvote 0
I've been testing v02 all day and I gotta say it's really sweet. Those shut-down options he lists are SO much better than they sound. They work when you're in a boot loop - NO MORE BATTERY PULLS! I SO could have used that when I was trying like 17 Froyo kernels before I found one that would boot up. They also work when you're, say, applying a metamorph theme to the Phone.apk and you get in a FC loop and can't shut down any other way than pulling the battery -- BUT, with those reboot/shutdown options he lists, again, you don't have to pull the battery.

It now also automatically adjusts the max CPU frequency when you load a new kernel. I went from the 800 stock (cpuinfo script showed max freqency of 80000) to ChevyNo1's 1.1Ghz and ran the cpuinfo script again first thing when I booted up, and it showed 110000. No more altering the the install-recovery.sh file and no more SetCPU necessary to set max frequency. You still CAN run SetCPU if you wish, though.

The apps2sd mods are sweet, too. Almost all apps install directly to SD card (of course, you can move them to the phone if you wish).

It's very fast and smooth, too and battery life is better. It feels more responsive, even with the stock kernel (and I was running all 20 of my widgets). Also, it's nice that you can just type the script name in terminal emulator -- no more SU needed.

Thanks for the description - you should add this to the release thread you posted! It (the thread) really needs a change-log/change summary to clarify what's new...

Can the CPU top-end throttling be turned off? Reason I ask is sometimes you want to try a new kernel to see if you can handle a higher speed...if it jumps to max speed every time you boot no matter what, that's a pain if that sends your phone into boot loops, making it impossible to try one of the slower speeds the kernel may offer...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones