• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast Rom Version 1.0 is Out!

ARG I just got settled using CM 5.0.6.2 after using BB.9 for a while.

BTW does anyone know why certain apps (google earth, homerun battled 3d, asphalt 5) don't play well with nandroid and Ti backup? I end up getting weirdness after restoring a nandroid and have to remove the .apk/data folders (trying to uninstall through application manager just FCs) and then restore from Ti backup again.

Upvote 0
has anyone had problems with the 1ghz kernal on their phone? i tried flashing it twice and it put my phone in endless startup mode.

I'm good with the 1ghz, but dumb me flashed the 1.1ghz without doing a nandroid first and (I'll never do that again) M boot loop. Just after I had it all setup and themed with NexTheme. Oh well time to start over.

Upvote 0
I didn't read where Pete said "not" to use SetCPU...
No real issues, but I want to know how the ROM manages it and SetCPU is showing me 550 on a 1g kernel no matter what I do.
I am going to uninstall SetCPU, update to a chevy kernel and leave it.

There are some responses in Pete's thread about this. He said that SetCPU works and you can set profiles (I've done this and I can vouch that it works), but that once you open it to get the profiles set up, it will kill itself so it's no longer running in the background. Pete also recommends not using kernels that are not in his OP, because you'll lose a lot of features.

[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0 ESE81

Upvote 0
There are some responses in Pete's thread about this. He said that SetCPU works and you can set profiles (I've done this and I can vouch that it works), but that once you open it to get the profiles set up, it will kill itself so it's no longer running in the background. Pete also recommends not using kernels that are not in his OP, because you'll lose a lot of features.

Thanks for that!
Dammit - back to the board, I just flashed a new kernel :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones