• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast Rom Version 1.0 is Out!

I'm getting 8.3 MFlops in Linpack. Seems standard for 1GHz w/o JIT.

I'm just using SetCPU as I always have. My setting (1000/250) is the same as what Pete has it set to default, but I also have profiles enabled, which override the default settings in certain situations (charging, battery %, etc).

It's been nothing but speedy for me

I'm using SetCPU the same as I always have too...guess I missed the instructions from Pete...

Initially I was heating up big time and considered going back to P3's kernel, but let it run a while and now it is super cool and super fast! :cool:

Upvote 0
Fab

Can't seem to find your new updated theme in ROM Manager....:thinking:

Fab posted a NexTheme for BB V1 for people to try and then went out for the evening. It was causing some issues for some so before going to bed last night Pete went through and fixed the theme errors and posted a working Nextheme on his original post over at alldroid. Use only the one Pete has posted in his OP at alldroid as I don't think Fab has updated his yet to reflect Petes fix(s).

[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0 ESE81

Upvote 0
Fab posted a NexTheme for BB V1 for people to try and then went out for the evening. It was causing some issues for some so before going to bed last night Pete went through and fixed the theme errors and posted a working Nextheme on his original post over at alldroid. Use only the one Pete has posted in his OP at alldroid as I don't think Fab has updated his yet to reflect Petes fix(s).

[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0 ESE81

Thanks E! I was following the thread last night, but didn't realize that the "working" Nextheme wasn't Fab's....I didn't see any themes for BB V1.0 on ROM Manager but will take a look. Will Fab's have more goodies?

EDIT: Just realized Manup's NEXtheme is an option once you select Pete's v1.0 in ROM Manager

Upvote 0
K, can someone explain this to me please. Maybe I'm just missing something? The last time I installed Fab's rom, it re-installed all my apps for me the minute I set the phone up. Now, with Pete's 1.0 it didn't automatically re-install my apps. I guess I have been spoiled the last couple times, but to sit and re-install my apps again is a tad frustrating. Is there some setting I can check that will force my apps to re-install. I currently have just the BB1.0 installed and none of my apps, almost thinking of going back to Fab's rom till he releases his themed version of the rom. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
This ROM is super fast and smooth that's for sure. My first (real) ROM was BB (first was DM). In the time from 0.9 to 1.0 I've tried many others and found I also liked NexBeast and CyanogenMod. I really like BB 1.0 but I'm just missing the little things from 5.0.6.2 like 360 rotation and the 5 icon app drawer and Apps2SD.

Upvote 0
EDIT: Just realized Manup's NEXtheme is an option once you select Pete's v1.0 in ROM Manager

Yes, you need to dig in after you select the frequency to choose the theme :D

Also, for those looking for it, I have a themed Facebook app (it's really nice with the new font, IMO). It is the new version, which includes inbox, native gallery viewing w/ multitouch, etc.

Find it here:
Facebook.apk

To install it, you must delete Facebook first, if you already have it installed! Then, put Facebook.apk on your sdcard:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp /sdcard/Facebook.apk /system/app
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync

I'm just doing some more testing, but there should be a NexBeast release this afternoon :D

Upvote 0
I have it and have been using it. I saved it when I tried Fab's NexTheme ESE81 ROM, because I liked it better than the other SpareParts versions I'd used. I'm sure you could pull it from there. If not, PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

I tried ripping the apk from Fabs and installing (after removing the old app) but no luck. I will continue to experiment. The only thing really missing for me is running home in memory (and 1.0 runs fine without it).

Upvote 0
I tried ripping the apk from Fabs and installing (after removing the old app) but no luck. I will continue to experiment. The only thing really missing for me is running home in memory (and 1.0 runs fine without it).

The SpareParts from CM works for BBV1 ;)

Also, if anyone is using the NexTheme from Pete's OP or ROM Manager, and does not like the font, you can change it back with this:

DefaultFonts.zip

Upvote 0
How about theming the twitter widget to match facebook?

Perhaps! I'm not a graphic whiz my any means, and it would also mean forcing the twitter app to /system, which I don't think is a great idea since it is brand new, and I expect plenty of updates.

Facebook, on the other hand, is quite mature, and infrequently gets updates.

Fab, can you include the 5 app launcher in NexBeast? I think that is what keeps bringing me back to CyanogenMod. I love all the NexBeast just always miss the launcher.

I'll look into it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones