• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57

Nice! I'm about to grab that P3 1.2 as well! Great results you got!

Huh, I was just on the other FRF57 ROM that was leaked the other day, and was getting quadrant scores of 1600+, but it seems as though it's dropped by about 200 points to only about 1400+. MFLOP's seem to have dropped a point as well down to around 17-18 from 18-19 for me. As for short benchmarks, I've been getting 175-210ms. This is all with the P3 1.25Ghz kernel too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok, perhaps a dumb question, and probably already been asked a few hundred times, if you do not install set cpu, does the cpu speed default to the highest slot in the kernal?

Yes as far as I know it ramps up from lowest slot to highest slot based on your kernel... It would just be like setting your main profile in SetCPU to 1200/250 (for the kernel I'm using) and then not setting any other profiles in SetCPU...

Upvote 0
Same here! I haven't ROMmed since BB0.7 because I haven't had a need to. Any links to installation instructions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hey Chief, long time no see. How's it hanging?

I would imagine that since this is a zip, you would move the file to the root of the sd, rename to update.zip (if you're on Vista, just update as it automatically puts the file extension), boot into recovery, wipe data n cache, and then install, allow, install (deprecated).

Make sure you back up your current ROM and update Titanium Backup. The Market should automatically DL most of your apps, but when you do restore the missing apps from TiBu, make sure you just restore apps, not system data.

Reactions: istolvampire
Upvote 0
Hey Chief, long time no see. How's it hanging?

I would imagine that since this is a zip, you would move the file to the root of the sd, rename to update.zip (if you're on Vista, just update as it automatically puts the file extension), boot into recovery, wipe data n cache, and then install, allow, install (deprecated).

Make sure you back up your current ROM and update Titanium Backup. The Market should automatically DL most of your apps, but when you do restore the missing apps from TiBu, make sure you just restore apps, not system data.

Hey DudeL! Long time, huh? Maybe THIS forum will stick around awhile LOL Thanks MUCH for the advice, I'll do a nandroid backup and an update.zip. Keep in mind I am coming from a 2.1 ROM, not Froyo. Still update.zip?

Upvote 0
just thought i'd report my findings as well. Everything reinstalled without a hitch except for google maps. It keeps having an install error with the market and wont install with TiBu. running this all on the new jdlfg 4x800 .32 kernel. seems super smooth. 12MFlops linpack and 1036 quadrant @ 800mhz

I had no issues with Google maps installing. Just tried it and it works great. And for the record, I did do a complete wipe of data/cache prior to installing this. And I got nearly the same MFLops and quadrant scores just running the kernel that came with the ROM.

Upvote 0
just thought i'd report my findings as well. Everything reinstalled without a hitch except for google maps. It keeps having an install error with the market and wont install with TiBu. running this all on the new jdlfg 4x800 .32 kernel. seems super smooth. 12MFlops linpack and 1036 quadrant @ 800mhz

For the maps issue, see [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Page 3 - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Page 3 - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum and [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Page 5 - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Page 5 - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum

Reactions: guitar2989
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones