• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57

Hmm.. I had issues with flash not working either. It looks like the .apk is installed as a system app in the ROM which it apparently doesn't like. I reinstalled it as a user app and it works fine.

I went into system/app and the flash apk was there but not installed. I installed it directly from that apk and success. I didn't think it would install because it failed to install as a user app....little confused by that but flash working fine regardless.

Upvote 0
I have the Drop theme (for froyo) installed, and I'm really wondering if it's the root of the problem. I'll try restoring here later tonight or tomorrow to see if it helps.

When I had this problem it was because I installed a theme that was made for the first 2.2 leak on the second 2.2 leak, apparently something changed between the two that made the themes break the market... Team Chaos released an update for the theme I was using that was compatible with the 2nd 2.2 and once I installed it my Market issues were gone...

Might be the same issue if the theme isn't for the third 2.2 leak (which is what this is based on)...

Upvote 0
is it just me or does BB tend to run really hot?

ive run 1.2ghz P3 kernal for the past 3 days without feeling much heat. Ive played games while on the phone and everything... but for some reason It seems to run hotter with BB.. anyone else notice this?

Anyways i noticed alot of lag with BB....so im not gonna try to fix what aint broke... im going back to vanilla 2.2 sorry pete

Upvote 0
Bravo Zulu Pete!

So far I have been disappointed with the Froyo's that have been posted. I kept returning to BB v1.1 after trying each of them. After this install, I have given Froyo a chance.

The other Froyo's lagged horribly when exiting an app and clicking to open the app menu, and alot of other times, even with a 1gig kernel.

I am going to continue on with this new Froyo BB.

Donations headed your way.

(now I just need a smoke theme for the stock launcher, not a fan of the click button for the app menu, would rather it be a big slider for inaccurate fat thumbing haha)

Dave

Upvote 0
I went into system/app and the flash apk was there but not installed. I installed it directly from that apk and success. I didn't think it would install because it failed to install as a user app....little confused by that but flash working fine regardless.

Similar here...I renamed the flash apk in system to extension .bak, copied it to the data/app directory, and then tapped on it and selected install (this all from Droid Root Explorer). Installed and was on TVShack.net watching south park in seconds, and it runs great over 3G...no wifi needed. :)

Upvote 0
I think it's this...the JIT compiler needs memory. Pete is limiting it by setting 50mb free all the time.

So the memory never dips really low, and stuff runs snappy, but your benchmarks are going to suffer, because the JIT compiler can't work to it's full capabilities.

...I think.

IMO, benchmarks don't really matter. It's really how it feels to you that is important.

That being said, I haven't really gotten much lag in NexFro.

I also haven't tried this yet, because I just got home :D

I agree with FAB benchmarks are not that important. Its the performance of the phone and how quickly it responds what counts. I look forward to your new BB theme :D

Upvote 0
is it just me or does BB tend to run really hot?

ive run 1.2ghz P3 kernal for the past 3 days without feeling much heat. Ive played games while on the phone and everything... but for some reason It seems to run hotter with BB.. anyone else notice this?

Anyways i noticed alot of lag with BB....so im not gonna try to fix what aint broke... im going back to vanilla 2.2 sorry pete

Yes I did notice the phone runs hotter with BB compared to Nexfro. Dont know why though :thinking:

Upvote 0
No wifi for me...the phone thinks it connects, gets an IP, but the browser can't get get to any web pages.

The other 2.2 ROM I tried that was update.zip format (fabs nexfro) also failed on wifi...

Maps work perfectly, market works perfectly, everything else seems fine, but no wifi...

Same here. My phone says I'm connected and maps can identify my location through wifi but I can't access webpages.

Upvote 0
Heads up: Pete just release an update [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Edit: From DroidForums:
Made some changes, dl link updated in the OP.

Now are the changes significant enough for us to know the difference?

Probably not if you downloaded and installed maps, flashplayer, and didnt use the godmode script.

Edit #2: I flashed this over my current BBFroyo without wiping. Everything is running fine. My maps and flash were working prior to this, as I installed them myself, so I'm not sure if this will fix issues others are having. After flashing I just ran some scripts again, and changed kernels and all is well.

Upvote 0
This is why I love Bugless Beast!
MDW, Fly, and NexFro took over 20-30mins to restore my 66 apps.
Bugless Beast 5mins.

Maybe the market's not shit anymore like 2days ago but man...

drop down popups happen way faster, overall everything is quicker and more reponsive. This is why I couldn't stay on 2.2 but now, I think I am.

edit: FYI Kwaak3 runs AMAZING on 2.2. turn the sensitivity all the way up, and set shoot to the camera button. Game on.

Upvote 0
wiped my data and cache before installing this, installed the new baseband after I got it up, and now I can't activate my phone at all :(

Have no fear. Verizon usually updates its system at this time. Just wait until morning. I am activated, but just tried and confirmed that it is down at the moment.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I was going to wait and try in the morning thinking the same thing, but it's still damn scary lol

It will definitely freak you out! The first time I flashed a new rom in the wee hours, I tried to activate and flipped thinking I screwed something up. It's one of those "D'oh!" moments once you realize its just Verizon.

Upvote 0
I'm getting Linpack numbers in the 15 range and Quadrant Numbers in the mid 1200 range. About the same using a 1.0 GHZ Kernel with the plain jane Froyo (leak#2). So far so good with this ROM.

The one thing I noticed, was that NONE of my old apps were automatically downloaded from the market. I had to go back, wipe the phone, put my nandroid backup on the phone (Froyo2), update all of my backups, re-wipe, install BB 0.1 and then pick the apps I wanted to carry over. I kind of liked it when the market updated itself. Not sure why it didnt do that. Did Pete write a script to block initial market interaction?

At any rate, good work Pete. I'm hoping battery life on this ROM is better than the plain leak. The plain leak's battery life was absolutely horrific

Upvote 0
Cant figure out maps, have to go back to previous version.

follow macdaddybuff's instructions and you should be fine...

I'm getting Linpack numbers in the 15 range and Quadrant Numbers in the mid 1200 range. About the same using a 1.0 GHZ Kernel with the plain jane Froyo (leak#2). So far so good with this ROM.

The one thing I noticed, was that NONE of my old apps were automatically downloaded from the market. I had to go back, wipe the phone, put my nandroid backup on the phone (Froyo2), update all of my backups, re-wipe, install BB 0.1 and then pick the apps I wanted to carry over. I kind of liked it when the market updated itself. Not sure why it didnt do that. Did Pete write a script to block initial market interaction?

At any rate, good work Pete. I'm hoping battery life on this ROM is better than the plain leak. The plain leak's battery life was absolutely horrific

I noticed it's best to do benchmarks twice. You'll almost always get low results on the first pass.

I installed this over the FRF57 leak so I didn't need to download anything off the market. YMMV.

Can't comment on battery life since I've only had this ROM a few hours, but I expect it'll work out nicely. To extend your battery life in general, grab JuiceDefender.

Upvote 0
I installed this last night and finished up getting Flash working this morning. Thanks to all who provided tips in this thread.

I just ran Quadrant and got 1080 using the stock kernal (800). So far, I'm happy with the performance. Wifi worked right away but Flash didn't. I installed it with Root Explorer this morning and now it's running fine. Video from espn.com seems to load very slowly but watching a Family Guy episode on tvshack.net was cool. The only issue that I'm having is that Google Maps can't seem to log in for Latitude.

Upvote 0
I can't get this to run with any of the three OC Kernels I've tried (Chevy ESE53+, P3 ESE81, or P3 Froyo), it boots OK but displays a red battery outline with a red cross thru it and the red LED is solid on, then it beeps and shuts down. My battery is fully charged. did a complete wipe/format prior to flash. Repeated process several times.

Works fine with teh included kernel.

Thoughts? This is the first time I've ever had trouble with a ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones