• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bugs I've found so far after KitKAt update

donm527

Nov 20, 2013
First error immediately after update and after wiping system find out it's because of SwiftKey enabled. Change default keyboard from SwiftKey and no error message at boot. Waiting for a SwiftKey update I guess :(

Second message I just found tonight trying to find directions to a place and when I press the Get Directions button, I got the second message and unfortunately I can't get around it. :(
When you go to location settings... there are no settings for high accuracy or device only.

Screenshot_2014-02-23-19-56-44_zps97b93707.png

Screenshot_2014-02-24-22-57-52_zps6eefe569.png

Update. Nav is working... I got frustrated and wiped my phone again since I didnt have much on it from last night and when using map it gave me the error message. But somehow I went back into location setting and it was now set to high frequency and when I loaded the map app it worked! I don't know how it changed to high frequency... there is no bullet to activate it. Frustrating but at least it's working.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I am also getting the same error message at boot-up. I have Swiftkey installed and active, but I don't want to use another keyboard. It's annoying, but nothing major. I'm sure they'll get an update out soon to fix.

Not sure if it's me or not, but my screen seems slightly more receptive to knock-on. Like I said in another post, the screen swiping seems a bit more smoother and quicker. Fonts seem a bit sharper. I think there are more changes 'under the hood' than there are visible changes.

I'll have more time to play around with it today when I go to 'work'...

Upvote 0
Update on the nav... it wasnt until later in the evening where I found the button to change to high frequency... you go to the location section and for some reason wasnt apparent to me before that you can press "Mode" at the top to change. I thought it was just a label and not a button that drills down. :thinking:

Update. Nav is working... I got frustrated and wiped my phone again since I didnt have much on it from last night and when using map it gave me the error message. But somehow I went back into location setting and it was now set to high frequency and when I loaded the map app it worked! I don't know how it changed to high frequency... there is no bullet to activate it. Frustrating but at least it's working.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the error doesnt seem to effect the functionality of the phone... only that at boot my lock screen wont sleep if you do not unlock to your phone at boot.

I miss the predictive typing on the SwiftKey over the stock LG so I may just accept the message and reinstall it while waiting for an update.

I am also getting the same error message at boot-up. I have Swiftkey installed and active, but I don't want to use another keyboard. It's annoying, but nothing major. I'm sure they'll get an update out soon to fix.

Not sure if it's me or not, but my screen seems slightly more receptive to knock-on. Like I said in another post, the screen swiping seems a bit more smoother and quicker. Fonts seem a bit sharper. I think there are more changes 'under the hood' than there are visible changes.

I'll have more time to play around with it today when I go to 'work'...

Upvote 0
I've upgraded to 4.4.2 in my Note 3, since then I've noticed my notification tone is ringing from time to time but no notification in the status bar. I've noticed while reading my emails too that if someone emailed me with a return receipt, the notification tone rings once the phone sends the "ok" message. other reasons for activating the notification tone, I cant find. Can someone help? the tone often misleads me to check my phone for test messages which can be irritating sometimes.

Upvote 0
I've upgraded to 4.4.2 in my Note 3, since then I've noticed my notification tone is ringing from time to time but no notification in the status bar. I've noticed while reading my emails too that if someone emailed me with a return receipt, the notification tone rings once the phone sends the "ok" message. other reasons for activating the notification tone, I cant find. Can someone help? the tone often misleads me to check my phone for test messages which can be irritating sometimes.

Welcome to the forums, Blackgold!
This is the LG G2 forum, your best bet would be to check out the Note 3 forum for support. :)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones