• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.prop empty?

nofrag

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
quick guys. send me a copy of your build.prop file! urgent!
now that i got that done. i was trying to change the name of my mytouch q so that the gameloft games would work. and they did work! but when trying to turn it back to normal it stopped booting. i just got on my computer and adb pulled build.prop. openened it and BOOM it was empty. i have no idea why it was empty? but i need a new one. i know i shouldve backed up. sorry.

never mind. found a build.prop.bak in my system folder? anyway how do i change it to be default build.prop? when i try using the command prompt and using adb push build.prop /system it says permission denied. (obviously) then i try adb shell adb push build.prop /system and it still says permission denied. then i tried doing adb shell adb remount and it still said permission denied. someone know how to make system r/w?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones