1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Build.prop issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ballaplaya1791, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Ballaplaya1791

I'll make the story short:
    I have a Samsung Admire from Metro PCS... rooted.
    I used Volume+ to turn up in-call volume... it required modification of the build.prop, so I allowed it, and since volume+ also had an option to backup the build.prop, i did just that. I then continued with having volume+ apply the in-call volume modification to the build.prop, restarted the phone, and all the phone does now when I turn it on is vibrate randomly with a black screen.

I don't know what to do... I tried looking into ADB but it looks like I have to enable USB debugging FROM the phone itself to replace the build.prop.

Can anyone help, I've been searching the internet for 5 hours trying different methods but I've yet to come to a solution...
    If there's no way around this... would anyone atleast know if I can backup the most data possible from my phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

Moved from Android Lounge :)

I'm assuming you don't have a backup of your phone from when you rooted originally? If not, it's ok. You might be able to get away with flashing a new ROM and getting your data back. There are a few ROMs listed in the All Things Root guide that you can use. As well as instructions on getting it going.

http://androidforums.com/admire-all...-things-root-guide-updated-22-mar-2012-a.html

Backups (specifically NANDroids done in recovery) are very important :)

InFiD3ViL likes this.
  3. aboatright

aboatright Android Expert

it might be possible to simply extract a build prop from a rom and insert it into the system folder of a gapps flash and flash the new gapps with the attached build prop thereby getting a new build prop without flashing a whole new rom..yes..no...maybe...could work....ive added apps and what not to my existing rom by adding the ????? into a gapps.zip with a generic UOT script to extract package "system"

4. exile1975

exile1975 Well-Known Member

As a last resort you could always use Odin

5. Ballaplaya1791

Thanks everybody, I ended up using Odin to restore to stock and worked perfectly. For now on I'll be using Titanium Backup though lol Just in case.

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews