• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Build Prop Tweaks And other Customizations] Customise Micromax A73 a little bit.

shahabazas

~*~ Android Addict ~*~
Apr 4, 2012
Pune
Disclaimer/Warning:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM DONE TO YOUR PHONE USING THIS . DONT BLAME ME IF YOUR PHONE TURNS INTO A PAPERWEIGHT/BRICKED USING THIS. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Requirements:

1. Root explorer/File manager with Root access download it from play store.

Credits:

1. beerzar for asking me to try to change the lockscreen.
2. Ninad Chaudhari and Varun Chitre for motivating all A73 users.
3. Maastermind1024, AmarZo T DAs, Dark God and Aayushdutta for being with me whenver i needed their help and letting me try all my ways what i have tried and tested.
4. My Office as i have downloaded all the required software and tools by using the internet of my office.
5. Myself for having an urge to get a different look on my Micromax A73 just for fun.
6. To all of those whose name i haven't mention here who have helped me in one or the other way in reaching my goal to customize my Micromax A73.
7. To all the respective Devs for the applications and the softwares what i have used and the links what i have provide.

Will keep this thread update as and when tried anything new in Build prop and all others are also welcome to provide their tips and tricks of Build prop.

Enjoy... ;)

Reactions: drsparsh
Do you guys want a different lock screen on your Micromax A73 then do this.

Open the file manager which have root access then go to home and then go to system and at the end you will find a file name build.prop copy and it and keep it safe if something go wrong then you can replace this backup with the changed build.prop so keep a copy of it and then again come back to the file and long press on it and select permission and check all the boxes then opne it with text editor and search the line curlockscreen=2 just cahnge it to curlockscreen=102 and then save the file. Reboot your phone you will have a default Gingerbread lockscreen(horizontal silider lockscreen).

Have fun ;) and haan keep this thread posted :) and updated :) with your build prop tweaks...

Check out screen shots...

Upvote 0
And some more...

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    223 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0
Do you guys want a different lock screen on your Micromax A73 then do this.

Open the file manager which have root access then go to home and then go to system and at the end you will find a file name build.prop copy and it and keep it safe if something go wrong then you can replace this backup with the changed build.prop so keep a copy of it and then again come back to the file and long press on it and select permission and check all the boxes then opne it with text editor and search the line curlockscreen=2 just cahnge it to curlockscreen=102 and then save the file. Reboot your phone you will have a default Gingerbread lockscreen(horizontal silider lockscreen).

Have fun ;) and haan keep this thread posted :) and updated :) with your build prop tweaks...

Check out screen shots...

this works ! :) gr8 wrk doode !

Upvote 0
this works ! :) gr8 wrk doode !

S you have tried this and now everything is working fine for you with root access? hey if you have downloaded the ascreenshots soft then post some screenshots so that other cane also come to know that this method actually works and then can also use all the stuff without any worries...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones