• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jas31483

Aug 29, 2010
Orlando FL
Just curious, how does every feel about the build quality of their D2? I remember with the D1 a lot of people had problems with the keyboard coming up and also a problem with the slide mechanism feeling loose when the phone was closed. Any similar problems with the D2 out there?

I have to say none here so far! *crosses fingers*

I never had problems with my Droid in the 10months I had it till the screen died when I dropped it. Droid2 is much much better built. The hardware buttons aren't cheapy gold painted plastic that wears off and is loose. The Keyboard is way better. The headphone jack isn't loose. And the battery door is hard to take off unlike the Droid which fell off in my pocket all the time. The smoothed out edges feels nicer in your hand.

Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed is that the other night my phone went on the fritz after going online and trying to view flash content. Even after closing the browser it wouldn't stop playing the sound. So I tried to do a battery pull and I couldn't, for the life of me, get the battery cover off. I literally was prying away at it trying to pull it off. Now from using the force of my fingers and placing the screen part in the palm of my hand, the screen seems a little loose. It moves ever so slightly up and down when closed. I figure I probably loosened something from the force of trying to slide the battery door off. I've now learned that a finger nail in between the door and body, is the best approach to start the "removing battery door" process.

Reactions: droiddawg24
Upvote 0
overall I feel it is much much better.. but I wish they kept the buttons at the bottom of the screen the same.. I know its the same as the DX but I wish it was the same as the D1.. I like the back button on the left, then options, then home, then search.. would have been nice...

but like others said, everything else is so much better.. I feel it is more durable and overall just more awesome

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones