• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Build quality?

alewifebp

Nov 19, 2009
Anyone read impressions regarding build quality? I have the Incredible now and I'm thinking about the Evo and Sprint. One thing that I dislike about the Incredible is the build quality. It is not bad build quality at all but it is a little more plasticky than i would like. The glass also feels very flimsy.

Are they using Gorilla Glass on the Evo?

I don't know how some people answer that go by just looking at pictures, and never even holding an HD2...Yes the build quality is very very similar to that of an HD2. however, the HD2's back is metal and the EVO'S is soft touch. Imo, the HD2 was one of the most solid phoned ive ever owned.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the texture of the phone, I was talking about how solid (heavy) the phone would feel in your hands when I was talking about build quality. :)

Judging by the photos, it might look "plasticy" in real life, but you could always opt for those pretty cool covers that I've been seeing around this forum. :)

well, regarding weight...
i'm holding my iPhone 3GS right now...

Incredible = 4.59oz
iPhone = 4.8oz
HD2 = 5.54oz
Evo 4G = 6oz

sooo, i'd say it's gonna feel very solid lol. i already think my iPhone is a little weighty when looking at it's size.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones