1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Build Target problems

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Patrijs, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Patrijs

Patrijs Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Hey all,

I'm new to android developping. I installed both the SDK manager and Eclipse, but when I'm creating a new project I can only choose Android 4.0 as a built target. Everything works well on AVD but I can't debug on my HTC Sensation (since its API lvl is to low ofcourse...). Anyone an idea on how I can fix this and thus choose another Android platform while creating a new project? (I did install all of the Android versions in SDK manager).

Thx!
    Patrijs

Advertisement

2. miXer

miXer Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    Norway
    Go to Window->Android SDK Manager and check off the platforms you would like to install

3. jiminaus

jiminaus Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    In Eclipse, right-click on your project, and choose Properties. In the project properties window, choose Android on the left and the choose the Android target that matches the version of Android on your HTC Sensation.

Also in your AndroidManifest.xml, check that the android:minSdkVersion and android:targetSdkVersion attributes of the uses-sdk tag are lower enough.

Edit: Sorry. When you're creating a new project, just select the Android version you want in the Select Build Target screen of the New Android Project wizard.