• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Built In email app questions

elwayisgod

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
Hi,

I'm just using the build in email app for my hotmail, gmail, work mail etc.. However It keeps bringing up old messages that I leave in my inbox. How can I get it to not keep displaying these?

Or better yet is there a killer app out there that does email/contacts better? I hate having to use the whole gmail thing.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm just using the build in email app for my hotmail, gmail, work mail etc.. However It keeps bringing up old messages that I leave in my inbox. How can I get it to not keep displaying these?

Or better yet is there a killer app out there that does email/contacts better? I hate having to use the whole gmail thing.

Thanks,

Maybe I am not understanding the question. You are leaving the emails in your inbox and you are wondering why the email app is showing old email?

Upvote 0
Basically in my actual hotmail account I have a bunch of messages that I have read but left in my inbox as i dont want to delete them yet. So in the email app built in to Android, they keep showing up even when I delete them in the app. I don't want them to delete on the server when I delete them. I only want unread messages to show up on my phone..

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Basically in my actual hotmail account I have a bunch of messages that I have read but left in my inbox as i dont want to delete them yet. So in the email app built in to Android, they keep showing up even when I delete them in the app. I don't want them to delete on the server when I delete them. I only want unread messages to show up on my phone..

Does that make sense?

You make perfect sense to me, but it does not work that way. If the email is still there, it will download.

You could move read emails to another folder in hotmail so they won't sync to the Inbox.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones