• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Built in photo gallery gallery

I really hate the photo gallery.
I need a few things in my gallery that i cannot find in any app i have tried.
I want a Gallery that respects folders. what i mean to say is when i click a folder i DO NOT what it to display all the pics from the subfolders under neath the folder. ideally what i would like is the album from the htc touch pro.
where it would show a folder icon and then all the pics in the current folder you were in and if you clicked the folder you could go to a sub folder.
maybe a file explorer with photo thumbnails would serve me better.
the scenario im needing it for is.... I want to send my mom a pic of my daughter. I have all my pix on my Sd card. in a folder called pix. in the folder called pix i have sub folders Me, lilli, friends, family,random. as well i have random pics i havent sorted in to folders yet
i would like to be able to browse to the pix folder and see only the pix in that folder and a lil folder icon for each subfolder.
A tree simular to win explorer would work too... I just dont wanna scroll through 600 pics to get to the one i want. and im not gonna memorize 600 file names.
any ideas?
I found a cool file explorer called astra that is AMAZING and it looks like it could easily support this feature.
I emailed the dev and asked for it (and ability to send pic via gmail or PM, and send any file type via gmail)
maybe you all could check out his program and maybe email him and ask for this feature. im sure if we got enough requests he would listen

and of course if anyone knows of an app that does all this lemme know

*edit* i found out Astra does let you view thumbnails and send... it just wasn't working (displaying thumbs) until i rebooted Weird....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones