1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Built in Weather app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Murf1, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

I notice on the phone's built in Weather app the "Disable" button is greyed out. I wonder why they don't want you to be able to disable it?

I'm not rooted (and don't want to), but anyone know a non-root way to disable it? It won't even show up on Greenify.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Nope, no way without root.

There's also no real reason that it can't be disabled... It's just part of the stock system.

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Why do you not want to root?

4. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

I have rooted my other phones in the past, but other than some annoyances (pie shortcut thing) and bloat, I'm satisfied with the way this phone is stock.

In the past when there was an update (when rooted), you get the nagging Update message. If you update, it breaks root. Then back to redoing the phone all over again. For me personally, it was more than it was worth.

The reason I rooted in the past was because the phone had so little storage and I needed Link2SD so I could install more apps. This phone has enough internal storage and the ability to "Move to SD" on some apps that I can install all the apps that I would like to. So for me, I have no need. I like how they let you get rid of Qslide on this phone - I just wish they let you do it with the annoying "pie" crap too.

All in all I really like this phone!

5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Fair enough. :)

6. theangelrod

theangelrod Newbie

I rooted my phone and accidentally deleted the weather app...anybody have an apk where I can redownload it?

7. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

Wow, I'm not rooted and wish I could get rid of mine and the space it is consuming. You could just download the Accuweather app and use that. The built in one you are wanting uses Accuweather. I personally prefer 1Weather app.

Oops, sorry, I thought I was on my new phone forum, LG G Stylo. So I don't remember what weather app was native to the Volt. Still may apply.

8. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I would just get a better one, like Chronus.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews