1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bulk install and setup

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ddrake2, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ddrake2

ddrake2 Lurker

Hi all,

my company is in the process of acquiring a number of android smartphones for its workforce.
    All of them are Samsung Galaxy S Plus.
    For each phone we want to:
    Install some selected free apps (about a dozen)
    Setup each one of them so they will work properly for us (reference to company resources, network access and so on).

Considering the number of the devices I would like to find a way to do all the installs and setups on JUST ONE phone. Repeating the process for each and every phone is tedious, costly (both in time and $) and error prone.
    So my question is: is there a way to create an 'image' of one phone and then copy it over the others? That's whay i'd do with PCs.
    Commercial applications are an option, better to spend something on an app than losing so much time for repeating tasks over and over.
    Ideally at the end of the copy process phones should be completely setup with few exceptions (like mail reference)

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

It really wouldn't be that hard to do. You would just need to root all of the phones (I am not familiar with the rooting or unrooting process for that phones, but there may even be a 1 click option to speed up the process), then you would set up one phone completely, then use ClockworkMod Recovery to create a nandroid backup, then install that backup on all the other phones. After that you could unroot all of the phones if you did not want them rooted since they are work phones.

The one problem you might consider by doing it in bulk is that all the apps on a phone are tied to a gmail account. The same gmail account would have to be on all of the phones. The only way to remove that account after the apps are installed is to do a factory reset, which also removes all installed apps.

karandpr likes this.
  3. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert