1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

bullying: what would you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dan330, Sep 23, 2014.

1. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

How People React To Bullying | Rotten Panda

it is interesting to watch... and see what average people will do.

as I sit in my office... I "THINK" I would get involved. try to stop it.
    it that situation in the vid... I would get involved.

but ... what if I am busy/ in a hurry? or just gotten out of my own issues?
    or the guy was huge! or it was a gang of them?

women... seem to be more responsive... but they also know.. they are less likely to get a physical reaction from a bully.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. huh

huh Android Expert

I would intervene for sure. In fact I have....
    several times in different situations..
    once was a mother full on slapping her little kid in the face at a resteraunt because he was fussy and crying...um hello? he was like 2 years old...I went over and gave her an earful...she didn't like it...but IDC
    another was a man treating his dog badly...I told him off and followed right behind him

it's disturbing to watch people just do nothing...:(
    I tell my kids that no matter who is getting picked on or bullied they have an obligation to stand in and stand up....and if they think its dangerous then call for help...but always do something

most bullies are chicken losers anywho:D:smokingsomb:

3. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Growing up, my parents had instilled in me the philosophy of never starting a fight, but making sure to win it.

I don't encounter people being bullied in my workplace. We're all professionals and everybody gets along really well.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That was staged to see if any bystanders would intervene. But there's another staged bullying, quarrel or fight that can happen, where the intention is to mug or rob the "good Samaritan". Go and intervene, and then find you got a knife in your stomach and wallet and phone gone. I've never seen anything like this myself, and usually any quarrels or fights is where booze is involved. The instigator in the video may even have a gun for all I know.

So I think you may have to make a judgement call.