• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Burnt charger port

Kezza1981

Lurker
Apr 5, 2017
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum. Need a little help with a burnt samsung galaxy s7.

The end of Feb I got In bed one evening and played on my galaxy s7 for 2 hours or so. When I woke up in the morning my phone had turned off, so I turned my phone back on. I got a message saying phone turned off due to overheating. I went pull out the charger cable and it was firmly stuck in the charger port, being half asleep I just pulled it with some force. I then noticed the button was stuck and there was a burn mark on the back of the phone. I looked on samsung website and it said 2 year warranty. So I contacted samsung who happily collected it. After over a week I hadn't heard anything from Samsung. I checked online for my repair status and it said repair completed. Brilliant I thought. So I called the repair company (anovo) they then told me there was damage to the repair port (water ingress) and the cost would be £92. I was unhappy with their outcome and the phone had never been near water. I contacted samsung customer service who sent me a picture of the burnt charger port and a very very faint red mark inside the port. They said anovo would return my phone and it would then get collected from me for an inspection from their Pl department. After a few days I received my phone back but with a new charger cable and not the burnt one as sent with. Samsung collected the phone the next day and it was sent off to their Pl department. After a week I'd heard nothing so I contacted samsung customer services, who explained that the repair cost had now gone up to £152 and I wouldn't get my phone repaired unless I was happy to pay the costs. I had to agree to the costs as I need my phone back. A few days pass and anovo contact me stating that my repair cost are now £206. I'm totally confused with their sliding scale of charges and why they would replace my charger cable free of charge but not my phone. I've ask for my old charger cable back but they said itwould have been disposed of. Can anyone help me here? Do I have a leg to stand on? Thanks kezza

Pic of burnt charger port....

Attachments

• Curtis.PNG
    Curtis.PNG
    402.2 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones