1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Business Calendar vs Jorte

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Athenia, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Athenia

Athenia Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out what the best calendar program is. These two seem the most often recommended, so I was looking at them in particular (though if you know of a better one, I am all ears)

Mainly, I want a calendar that has:

1. Ease of access - (For instance I have a pretty consistent work schedule, 5 days a week a the same time, but most repetitions don't allow me to do it like that - so maybe an ability to save an event by time or something and insert it into whatever day I want)

2. I have both an Android Tablet and Phone and would like them to sync(and of course sync to google if possible)

3. I would like a program that allows me to have both a "to do" list attached to a date (much like my old fashioned franklin planner) that maybe even puts ones I haven't done on the next day, as well as daily to do tasks I can have repeated and a general to do list

Any advice welcome, though if you recommend one above the other or even another, could you tell me why you like it?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Calengoo. Very full featured calendar which should easily meet all of your needs. It will also sync tasks on google.

3. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    i used to use Jorte and it worked well. However, I found pocket informant on one of the pre-christmas give aways and LOVE it so much more. It's 9.99 but having used it now I would pay that for it. So much more visually pleasing and has the ability to create templates. The only advantage I saw with Jorte over informant is that Jorte has widgets and pocket informant does not.

4. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    Forgot to mention another option you might like is QuickAddroid. It lets you set templates (up to 10 on the free version) and then you just select your dates. Very slick for people like me who are in nursing and work 12 hour shifts with self scheduling so my work days are different every week.