• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Business ICS 4.0.1 - review

I honestly missed the "extras" download part, that might be a huge part of my problem. Honestly I think I might be mixed up on the "Flash GB Fimrware Patch", I never downloaded anything other than the actual ROM. I may have to give it another try with this firmware patch - I always thought that was the extra bit I updated when my phone goes from recovery reboot to bootloader and updates.

ahh,gotcha.

yup,the old firmware patch is just changing some things around in the rom so it works with the old firmware,and is flashed in recovery,after flashing the rom.

what youre doing when you go to bootloader and let it update,is basically installing the kernel,wich lives inside the boot image that the ph98img is installing.

failing to install the old firmware patch in recovery has indeed caused the prollems youve had with scotts roms. :)

Reactions: chknhwk
Upvote 0
not trying to pressure you,of course,if you happen to like the rom youre on. i just want to make sure you are able to flash the roms that you do want to try :cool:

No, thank you! I was actually contemplating looking for these EXTRAS you speak of and pushing them to my phone before heading out to work shortly. I purchased a DYNEX microsd card reader and packed up my HP laptop to take to work for recovery reasons so if something happens I should at a minimum be able to at least load a nandroid, even without internet connection. :rolleyes:

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones