1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Busybox - Smart Install and Symlinks

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jay Lecera, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Jay Lecera

Jay Lecera Lurker

Anyone, i need help?
    4 Months ago, i rooted my phone. Then i installed Busybox Pro. I am thinking what is the purpose of Smart Install and Symlinks, so i checked it and install binary. After a week, i decided to unroot my phone. I uninstalled Busybox Binary, but a warning dialog comes out and says 'we do not have responsibility on what will happen' something like that and i accidentally press yes to uninstall busybox. Then something went wrong, i can't open the busybox app, it says that 'i must fix the binaries' something like that and decided to unroot. After that, i noticed that i cannot connect to any wifi, use my mobile data, use my sim card, no more internet. And the second is i can't turn on OEM unlocking anymore. Then i try terminal and type ls, mv, cp but not found at sh anymore. I thought that Busybox deletes almost of /xbin files, anyone can help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Think you'll need to re-flash the ROM, either the original manufacturer firmware, or an appropriate custom ROM for your particular phone.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? do you still have a custom recovery? if so did you make a nandroid backup? if you have a custom recovery, but did not make a nandroid backup, then that was your first mistake. if you do not have a custom recovery then that is your second mistake....or first depending on how you look at it....LOL

edit:
    if you have a custom recovery you can flash a custom rom. if you do not then you will have to flash a firmware update made specifically for your phone.

mikedt likes this.
  4. Jay Lecera

Jay Lecera Lurker

Can ADB fix my problem?
    Because the system update, i removed after rooting.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I suppose if you've got the files that you deleted, and you know where they go, then possibly might be able to restore them via ADB. Otherwise you'll have to re-flash the whole ROM. Of course I can't help you with that, as I don't know what phone you've got, and the Ministry of Magic confiscated my scrying glass.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

maybe

BusyBox Pro

BusyBox Pro Forum

stericson.busybox.donate

On Sale now for a limited time only! Root required for this application! The fastest, most trusted, and #1 BusyBox installer and uninstaller! Over 20 million installs and over 100,000 5 Star ratings! Supports arm and intel based devices, mips support coming soon (I need a mips device) Mentioned in the new XDA-Developers book "XDA Developers' Android Hacker's Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Rooting, ROMs and Theming" Winner of best Utility Software award for Android via Handster. This is the only installer that is ad free and requires no internet permission! The only installer that will install ANY Busybox binary available for Android...you find it on the web and this will install it! Pro version contains no ads or nag screens, uninstall feature, Advance Smart install feature, the ability to hand pick the applets you want, safety check for missing applets on start, and better overall support. The pro version will receive more frequent updates than the free version will. The source for this application can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/busybox-android/ Featured on the BusyBox website at: http://busybox.net/products.html The BusyBox source code can be found here: http://git.busybox.net/busybox/ A must have for any rooted phone! Almost EVERY rooted applications needs BusyBox to perform their magic, if you have a rooted phone then you need BusyBox. Please note I did not write BusyBox! I wrote this installer and cross compiled BusyBox for Android. Please see the about menu option for more details or here: www.BusyBox.net BusyBox is a software application that provides many standard Unix tools, much like the larger (but more capable) GNU Core Utilities. BusyBox is designed to be a small executable for use with the Linux kernel, which makes it ideal for use with embedded devices. It has been self-dubbed "The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux". Leave this installed if you always want to get the latest version of busybox!

READ MORE
March 17, 2019
Last Updated
Rating
Installs