• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

allbutlost

Oct 7, 2010
Canada.
I'm having trouble with the X10's front buttons freezing.

The phone seemed fine most of the day, then I installed three things.. a Background app to get a new background (found QR code on this forum), Advanced Task Killer, and Juice Defender.

I installed Juice Defender first, then the background app, then ATK. I was in ATK when the freeze happened. I was stuck in it and I couldn't get out, but I could still activate things on-screen but the buttons were dead?

I rebooted and removed ATK thinking that might have been the issue. About 20 minutes later though I turned it on to find the same problem. So I removed the background app.

Now I just have juice defender... so far everything seems fine but I'm not 100% sure why it happened in the first place so it may just be a matter of time.

I'm terrified to install any more apps. Any ideas?

When I first got my phone (two weeks ago it keep freezing sparodically on any screen even just message threads. I hadn't downloaded anything. The only way to get out of it was to turn the phone off and on. The phone company sent me a new phone and havn't had a problem since so maybe it's a fault of the phone???

Upvote 0
I was just about to reply to your first query about button freeze and say you aren't using a cover at all cos if they touch the side hardware buttons it locks out the front buttons. But you figured it out for yourself, well done. Gosh after all the build up I really didn't want you to have got a dud one!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones