1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Button to Lower Volume Not Pressing - Can't Silence Phone when in Vibrate Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ivan Rodriguez, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Ivan Rodriguez

The lowering volume button on the right side is not pressing (think it broke), so I can't lower the volume my pressing it. I have to press the upper raise volume button and then drag to the left to lower the volume.

1. I am pretty sure the button broke or something which I can live with, as long as I can lower the volume with the above method.

2. However, I cannot place the phone in silent mode. I drag the cursor all the way to the left to try to get to silence mode, but it only goes until vibrate mode. Looked under Settings and Sound to see if I can enter silence mode from there, but did not find out a way.

How can I place the phone in silent mode since my "lower volume" button on the right side just broke?

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ivan Rodriguez

3. Ivan Rodriguez

Figured out a way! Just by dragging down on the screen. Then Selecting from Do not disturb, the total silence option. Removed the vibration but I still get silent visual notifications which is what I needed.

olbriar and Dannydet like this.

Motorola Moto G5 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto G5 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews