• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Button to Lower Volume Not Pressing - Can't Silence Phone when in Vibrate Mode

The lowering volume button on the right side is not pressing (think it broke), so I can't lower the volume my pressing it. I have to press the upper raise volume button and then drag to the left to lower the volume.

1. I am pretty sure the button broke or something which I can live with, as long as I can lower the volume with the above method.

2. However, I cannot place the phone in silent mode. I drag the cursor all the way to the left to try to get to silence mode, but it only goes until vibrate mode. Looked under Settings and Sound to see if I can enter silence mode from there, but did not find out a way.

How can I place the phone in silent mode since my "lower volume" button on the right side just broke?

motorl.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones