• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buttons Below Screen Controlled By Air[not really]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpike78

Jul 2, 2010
So im sure like most of you guys/gals you hate dust on your screen so you either blow it off or lightly wipe it off. so i blew some of the dust off with my mouth yesterday and all of sudden the menu comes up. im like WTF, i then blow some more off and the search box opens. come to find out (on my phone atleast) those touch buttons are so sensitive that blowing on them will cause actions. when i had my N1 they were not nearly sensitive enough.

crunksdav.gif

Upvote 0
Well, I won't go as far saying that my EVO is breath activated, but I will agree that I find the touch to be way to sensitive. I find that I have to handle the phone very carefully or I activate one of the apps. I am constantly launching the frickin' camera without knowing it. I think I'm going to create a custom desktop that has no app icons on the home screen.

Upvote 0
I've never seen it react to breath but I have seen it switch screens and act funny when in the sun or maybe just the heat or the combination of both. I've gotten in the car after work and the car has been baking in the sun for hours and laid the phone on my lap and noticed it shift to the right or left when I moved my leg.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones