• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Buttons on the bottom interfer with writing

The buttons on the bottom of the HTC flyer are interfering while making notes, does anyone know of an app that "locks" (or similar) while writing?

Thnx

I believe that you have to make sure the pen touches first. Then it disables the buttons.

However it would be great to either lock the buttons, OR (even cooler, as mentioned in one of the reviews I saw) have the buttons reversed depending on rotation; i.e. when in portrait mode, have the buttons up on the left side out of the way, but easily touched by your left thumb. Then you get easy access, and they are out of the way.

I'm going to see about putting in a request over at XDA about that, head on over and request too and maybe we can get something written.

Reactions: sealite
Upvote 0
Will do, feel free to post the link to that thread here :)
I believe that you have to make sure the pen touches first. Then it disables the buttons.

However it would be great to either lock the buttons, OR (even cooler, as mentioned in one of the reviews I saw) have the buttons reversed depending on rotation; i.e. when in portrait mode, have the buttons up on the left side out of the way, but easily touched by your left thumb. Then you get easy access, and they are out of the way.

I'm going to see about putting in a request over at XDA about that, head on over and request too and maybe we can get something written.

Upvote 0
Will do, feel free to post the link to that thread here :)

Post over at XDA. I had to put it in the Flyer General forum since I don't have a high enough post count over there to post in development.

Control the location of Soft Buttons - xda-developers

The basic idea would be that I'd like independent control of the soft buttons based on orientation. I wouldn't necessarily want them reversed, but I'd like to be able to set which set (or both perhaps) were active. An advanced version might allow you to set by application, but I haven't done any Android development so I don't know the limitations of the hardware API.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones