1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Buy a SGS2 or wait?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iTzKPanda, Dec 25, 2011.

1. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Tampa, FL
    So my contract finished in September and I want to know if I should buy a SGS2 right now or if I should wait it out and see if T-Mobile gets another decent phone in the next couple months?

Also I'm wondering if I should move to Sprint because I'm a heavy data user.

Advertisement

2. ahautographs

ahautographs Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Teachers Assistant College
    Meridian, Idaho
    I got rid of my iphone 4 and friggin LOVE this Galaxy S 2 from Tmobile. Just thought I would throw in the two cents :)

3. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I love my S2 too! You can also check out the Tmo Samsung Exhibit. It's 3.7" screen but only $189 without contract. You can go month to month. TMo month to month plan is very affordable.

4. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Male
    Vice President
    Newfoundland Canada
    I have both the iphone 4 and the galaxy s2. I am using my galaxy way moer than my iphone. I love both, but the galaxy wins out..

5. moondrius

moondrius Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    I just switched over from Verizon with a Galaxy Nexus to T-mobile and got the Galaxy S II and I am very happy with it. The only thing I would take over it would be a Galaxy Nexus or a Galaxy S III which I don't think we will see for a little while.

6. dabears1981

dabears1981 Member

Jul 21, 2011
    i Have the SG2 and the GF uses the HTC Sensation. Both are sweet phones!!!

7. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Technology provider for small companies.
    Ste-Therese, Quebec, Canada
    Have you considered the Galaxy Nexus? ICS 4.0, similar specs and sweet looking. I love my S II X from Telus, just in case you wonder what I use. It is an excellent phone and will receive an ICS update in 2012.

8. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Nov 10, 2011
    Male
    Student
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks for your input guys. I currently have an iPhone 3G that's on it's last straw (home button, power button, volume control buttons are messed up and it crashes every few hours). I was considering the Galaxy Nexus for quite a while since a pure google phone sounds very nice, but seeing how long it took to come out for Verizon, I think there will be better phones out by the time it gets to T-Mobile (if it ever comes). Not to mention how expensive Verizon is compared to T-Mobile.

I might wait until CES to see if anything worthwhile is mentioned, if not, I'm going to order a white SGS2.

9. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    vB code analysis, Android / iOS Developer, CEO My
    It's a top notch beautiful phone, no doubt about that, BUT I would wait until they remove the Carrier IQ software from it.

10. jrocivxx

jrocivxx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    mgr
    here
    I just got mine a few days ago and it is a beast of a phone. I love it. Smooth. No lag. Beautiful screen. This phone is just bad ass.

11. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    There will always be a better, faster, more versatile phone available if you're willing to wait. I mean right on the Android Forums Home there are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S III coming out next year. Will t-mobile get if first? That's the rub. The 1st Android phone the G1 came to t-mobile in October 2008. The Galaxy S came to t-mobile as the Samsung Vibrant in July 2010. The Samsung Galaxy S II came to t-mobile in October 2011. Following that timeline I would guess that a new version of this great phone won't hit t-mobile until at least 2013.

That aside if you want a great phone experience right now go ahead and get a t-mobile Galaxy S2 as soon as possible.

12. AngelArs

AngelArs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    vB code analysis, Android / iOS Developer, CEO My
    Just make sure it's model number T989.

The other Galaxy SII's will not work.