• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buy a SGS2 or wait?

Thanks for your input guys. I currently have an iPhone 3G that's on it's last straw (home button, power button, volume control buttons are messed up and it crashes every few hours). I was considering the Galaxy Nexus for quite a while since a pure google phone sounds very nice, but seeing how long it took to come out for Verizon, I think there will be better phones out by the time it gets to T-Mobile (if it ever comes). Not to mention how expensive Verizon is compared to T-Mobile.

I might wait until CES to see if anything worthwhile is mentioned, if not, I'm going to order a white SGS2.

Upvote 0
There will always be a better, faster, more versatile phone available if you're willing to wait. I mean right on the Android Forums Home there are rumors of a Samsung Galaxy S III coming out next year. Will t-mobile get if first? That's the rub. The 1st Android phone the G1 came to t-mobile in October 2008. The Galaxy S came to t-mobile as the Samsung Vibrant in July 2010. The Samsung Galaxy S II came to t-mobile in October 2011. Following that timeline I would guess that a new version of this great phone won't hit t-mobile until at least 2013.

That aside if you want a great phone experience right now go ahead and get a t-mobile Galaxy S2 as soon as possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones