1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Buy from Verizon or Costco??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jerrybb, Aug 24, 2010.

1. jerrybb

jerrybb New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I'm on the list at Costco, should be able to pick up my X by the end of this week. They only get about 3 in at a time. Verizon price is $200 plus they charge tax on the whole retail price. Costco only charges tax on the $200 plus they give you a starter pack with car charger, case, and some third thing (can't remember) which is prob the equiv of $10 on Ebay and a savings of about $40-50 over Verizon. This is all with a renewal of my 2 yr contract.

One more thing, at VZW I can get a 1 yr contract for $70 more but Costco only sells with a 2 yr contract. I thought a 1 yr might be good if some super new phone comes out in the meanwhile. I suppose I could just sell the X and buy whatever I want at retail. Any thoughts on these options?? Has anyone else bought from Costco? Thanks

Advertisement

2. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Microsoft Student Rep
    Urbana
    Costco I think also has a 90 day return policy so if for some reason you dont like the phone you could return it, dont quote me on that. Also after a year the droid x will still be a decent phone, Im pretty sure its going to get 3.0 which will be up to date for at least a year after release. The only other phone that would possibly come out would be a dual core motorola phone. The phone would be cheaper after your 2 yrs is up, plus you could probably get an early upgrade on the phone and pay a small fee and sell the droid x on craigslist for a couple hundred next yr if you really want to. I sold a g1 for 110 a few weeks ago and that was 2 yrs old.

In conclusion, go with costco its cheaper and a better deal and the droid x will be up to date for atleast a yr and a half.

reallykool likes this.