1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General buy from Wirefly or letstalk?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sara12rara, Sep 18, 2011.

1. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    I am getting this phone as my 2 year upgrade. I am probably going to order it online due to the cost savings over buying locally. I am just not sure which company I will get more actual savings from. I have read so many posts about different coupon codes, free overnight shipping, waived activation fees, etc. that now I'm all confused. So here are my specific questions:

1. Do both companies waive the activation fees?
    2. Do either of them charge sales tax?
    3. Do both offer free overnight shipping, or just letstalk?
    4. Are there any currently working coupon codes for either company? The ones I have read about on this forum are expired now.
    If any of you know the answer any of these questions, I would appreciate your help!

Advertisement

2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 19, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    You might want to check the postings in the LetsTalk thread before you decide that their deals are the best:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g-touch/411617-just-ordered-through-letstalk-com-2.html

You will see how these great deals progressed through the release date.

I can give you my experience with Wirefly. I ordered the phone early. Wirefly let it be known that they might be able to release the phones earlier than the release date. It turned out they were wrong. I had asked to have my phone sent out early, and they sent an email to me to tell me that Sprint would not allow it. To apologize, they upgraded my shipment to next day. In the end, Wirefly did ship the phones out a day early and I got my phone on the release day.

As you will read, many LetTalk buyers are still waiting for their phones.

3. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Southern California
    As an echo to what Unplugged said above, I would not recommend purchasing anything from letstalk.com. I am one of the people still waiting, after ordering my phone on 9/11/11, for them to get stock and ship them. People that ordered from wirefly already got theirs (for the most part).

4. sara12rara

sara12rara Newbie
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    It looks like letstalk is going to ship on the 21st now. Wirefly is supposed to ship on the 20th. If their bottom lines are similar, I would definitely go with wirefly - but to save a lot of money I would wait the extra time with letstalk.

Did wirefly waive your activation fee?

5. bad1550

bad1550 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 18, 2010
    Stay away from LetsTalk.

I preordered on the 10th - Now backordered after getting carrier approval.

I cancelled my order