1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Viperlx, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Viperlx

Viperlx Newbie

I need to buy a new phone for international use since my thunderbolt will not do it. I really like the Galaxy S3 because of the amount of development community behind it. Here is my issue, should I buy now or wait for the next version to come out?

There is always new phones coming out but no phone on android has been as popular as G3.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Android Expert

thats a very relative question they say the GS4 will be out march of next year but who knows. Its basically up to u if u want to wait and see or pick up the s3. I currently have the international S3 with the quad core and love it(will definitely update to s4 when it comes).

3. jgscott987

jgscott987 Member

Word is that the S4 is going to be even bigger than the S3. That would be too big in my opinion. Just a wild guess, but I'll bet that the S4 won't be as popular as the S3 has been.

I'd go ahead and pull the trigger.

4. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

It's a great phone. You'll be more then impressed with it and it's capabilites. A quad core is the Only thing out there that I would think twice if I had the option but I'm on Verizon so I can't get the quad. Great thing is the s3 comes with a quad on the gsm so you have the best of both worlds with this phone. Go for it.

5. ADRz

ADRz Member

Yes, the rumors are that it would be somewhere between 4.9 - 5 inches. This is a very small increase and it can be accomplished by making the screen larger within the current dimensions of the phone. It does not have to become too large (although this is a subjective evaluation). The rumors are that it would have a quad-core processor running at about 25% higher speeds than the current dual-core processor (US, LTE). However, these minor adjustments are not going to be very definitive. What would, for me, be a more substantive advantage are the following:

(a) a 1080p resolution screen
    (b) a brighter screen in sunlight
    (c) the rumored 13 mpx camera (the megapixels are not important, the quality of the camera is)
    (d) a beefier and long-lasting battery

However, it is important to note that one does not have to wait for the S4 to get most of these. The current HTC Droid DNA (or One X+) has most of these. In many ways, the S4 would simply playing catch up with these phones.

6. andrejhoward

andrejhoward Newbie

Just buy it. Everyone always asks "Should I wait" By the time the S4 rolls around it'll be the same question for "additional next big phone".

S3 is a great phone, pull the trigger and join the rest of us happy users. :)

7. cassatta

cassatta Newbie

I fully agree!
    Remember: if you always wait for another new model, you have nothing!;)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews