1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buy One Before the Government Bans Them

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bob Maxey, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

The Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab

Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab (1950-1951)

The set comes with a beta-alpha source, a pure beta source and my personal favorite, a rather nice gamma source. I think you could order a pure alpha source as well.

If, however, you would prefer some radium, then this is what you need:

Atomic Energy Lab (ca. 1960)

We need more cool toys like the good old days before we raised kids scared by a few particles of ionizing radiation.

argedion, 9to5cynic and ocnbrze like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Haha, ah yes the good ole days. Pocket knives, lead paint, and radioactive science labs. :D

3. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

I remember when every kid carried a pocket knife. Sadly, those days are gone. Too bad the knife rules/laws changed and I can no longer carry the automatic knife I want to carry.

4. kool kat2

kool kat2 Android Expert

Or a butter knife even :/

Speed Daemon likes this.
  5. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

They will take my butter knife when they pry it from my cold dead, English muffin, rich creamery butter and apricot jam stained fingers, by God!

What's next . . . my French Press Coffee Pot? I understand you can use it to brew a nice cup of coffee AND use it to make bio weapons.

Or perhaps my coffee IS a bio-weapon? It will remove tooth enamel.

6. saptech

saptech Android Expert

Wasn't that called a Switchblade! :D

7. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Well-Known Member

From the age of about ten years or so, I have very, very rarely left home without at least one pocketknife on my person. I've always considered it an important tool, that I was unwilling to be without, and rarely does a day go by in which I don't end up using my knife several times.

I seriously cannot understand how a modern boy is expected to be able to function without one. Fortunately, I had reached adulthood, and graduated from high school, before our society devolved to the point where it was considered horrible for a child to have a knife

Speed Daemon likes this.
  8. Transfusiionz

Transfusiionz George Carlin FTW!

You should see how bad it is inside the schools :eek:

Speed Daemon likes this.
  9. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Android Expert

Yep, it seems like people have lost all common sense when it comes to differentiating between tools and weapons. I was in scouting, and (just like every male in my family) I carry a pocket folding knife. I've never used it as a weapon, and it's probably not what I'd choose if I felt the need for a weapon.

Once I had a cop tell me that I couldn't keep a flashlight in the passenger compartment of my car "because it could be used as a club". :rolleyes: Right. Here I am sitting in a several hundred horsepower machine that's capable of killing and maiming with ease, and he's worried that a flashlight might be used as a weapon!

I don't know what motivates people like that to jump to such absurd conclusions, but the fact that they do makes me frightened of them more than anything else. I don't want people that think that way to wield power. Look at my sig. NOTE: No longer using that sig. That's a joke, made by a comedian. The same line of reasoning isn't at all funny when it's made by a man in a position of authority who should know better.

10. Satires

Satires Android Expert

Shweew (Wipes sweat off of forehead), I thought you was referring to android phones when I saw the post title! lol

11. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Make that an Exacto knife. I used to use one for just about everything. You really need one today to deal with blister packs, plastic wrap stuff around the tops of bottles, etc. We still have a houseful.

I taught daughter to use Exacto and cork-backed ruler when she messed up with colored paper and scissors.