• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buy One Before the Government Bans Them

Bob Maxey

Android Expert
Sep 24, 2010
The Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab

Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab (1950-1951)

The set comes with a beta-alpha source, a pure beta source and my personal favorite, a rather nice gamma source. I think you could order a pure alpha source as well.

If, however, you would prefer some radium, then this is what you need:

Atomic Energy Lab (ca. 1960)

We need more cool toys like the good old days before we raised kids scared by a few particles of ionizing radiation.

Or a butter knife even :/

They will take my butter knife when they pry it from my cold dead, English muffin, rich creamery butter and apricot jam stained fingers, by God!

What's next . . . my French Press Coffee Pot? I understand you can use it to brew a nice cup of coffee AND use it to make bio weapons.

Or perhaps my coffee IS a bio-weapon? It will remove tooth enamel.

Upvote 0
I remember when every kid carried a pocket knife. Sadly, those days are gone. Too bad the knife rules/laws changed and I can no longer carry the automatic knife I want to carry.

From the age of about ten years or so, I have very, very rarely left home without at least one pocketknife on my person. I've always considered it an important tool, that I was unwilling to be without, and rarely does a day go by in which I don't end up using my knife several times.

I seriously cannot understand how a modern boy is expected to be able to function without one. Fortunately, I had reached adulthood, and graduated from high school, before our society devolved to the point where it was considered horrible for a child to have a knife

Reactions: Speed Daemon
Upvote 0
I remember when every kid carried a pocket knife. Sadly, those days are gone. Too bad the knife rules/laws changed and I can no longer carry the automatic knife I want to carry.
Yep, it seems like people have lost all common sense when it comes to differentiating between tools and weapons. I was in scouting, and (just like every male in my family) I carry a pocket folding knife. I've never used it as a weapon, and it's probably not what I'd choose if I felt the need for a weapon.

Once I had a cop tell me that I couldn't keep a flashlight in the passenger compartment of my car "because it could be used as a club". :rolleyes: Right. Here I am sitting in a several hundred horsepower machine that's capable of killing and maiming with ease, and he's worried that a flashlight might be used as a weapon!

I don't know what motivates people like that to jump to such absurd conclusions, but the fact that they do makes me frightened of them more than anything else. I don't want people that think that way to wield power. Look at my sig. NOTE: No longer using that sig. That's a joke, made by a comedian. The same line of reasoning isn't at all funny when it's made by a man in a position of authority who should know better.

Upvote 0
Make that an Exacto knife. I used to use one for just about everything. You really need one today to deal with blister packs, plastic wrap stuff around the tops of bottles, etc. We still have a houseful.

I taught daughter to use Exacto and cork-backed ruler when she messed up with colored paper and scissors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones