1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Buy S7 edge with SD820 from ATT or E8890 from ebay?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xenxero, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Xenxero

Xenxero Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2015
    Male
    I live in the US and am looking to buy a new S7 edge to replace my S4. Have read multiple reviews, and it appears reports regarding chipset performance, Snapdragon 820 vs. Exynos 8890, are mixed, though most reports suggest Exynos is a bit better. I mainly use my smartphone for web browsing and e-mail (no games).

Would I be better served to buy the S7 edge from ATT, which would come with Snapdragon 820 and warranty, or from ebay, which I believe would be an overseas phone with Exynos 8890, $100 cheaper, and no warranty?

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    For your use/scenario,I think any difference in performance is negligible,if not outright undetectable.
    I'd get the Carrier (AT&T) model with the peace of mind a 1 yr warranty brings.
    However,if you opt for an overseas model,check here for the best match:
    http://willmyphonework.net/

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  3. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    Snapdragon 820 is a more powerful chip according to AnTuTu benchmark tests. Right now it's the most powerful phone CPU on the market.

4. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Also more battery draining. There are numerous threads across several forums including xda about the snapdragon 820 keeping the Android system hyper active draining batteries atleast 20% faster than the Exynos. If the Exynos version had a warranty thats the one I would have definitely chosen.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.