1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Buy the Dinc on Newegg?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chango99, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Chango99

Chango99 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 1, 2010
    I called them just now and I was just checking how ordering would go through with them.

Their website, along with many other websites, say that expect shipping in 2-3 weeks and in newegg specifically it says backordered.

The sales representative told me that they had the phone in stock and if I bought it I should expect it on Wednesday. I'm actually still on the phone and he's being really pushy for me to buy, saying that if I don't act now the price might change or something (lol?). I said that I was still in contract with ATT so I'm not sure about purchasing the droid yet, then he goes on to push me into upgrading my phone with ATT instead, suggesting a backflip... but I was specifically talking about the droid the whole time.

Advertisement

2. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    VA
    I have ordered from Newegg dozens of times and they ship fast. Never once had a delay in shipping if they show the item in stock, and never received a defective product. No games with showing an item as in stock when they don't really have it.

Great prices as well. I give them an A+, but with something like a phone you of course want to check their return policies and restocking fees.

3. ctc

ctc Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    The newegg cellphone store is basically wirefly. You'll see at the bottom "This offer is fulfilled by Simplexity, LLC, an authorized dealer for AT&T, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless." Go to Simplexity.com and you'll see a wirefly logo...

The rep probably works for them and not newegg.

4. Chango99

None

Jun 1, 2010
    But it's the other way around here, it says backordered by rep told me they are in stock.

And how does that affect my purchase?

5. ctc

ctc Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm just saying that it is wirefly. So do some research on wirefly and decide if you want to buy from them. Also, the rep was pushy and I doubt they work for newegg so I hope that doesn't influence your opinion of newegg...

6. Chango99

None

Jun 1, 2010
    Pretty bad on resellerratings... but has there been no diffference since Simplexity took over?

And looks like i'm stuck with buying from Verizon should I not decide to go with newegg.

Also, I just a called back and got another rep, telling me the phone was backordered.

7. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    VA
    Maybe as ctc said you are speaking with a third party. I would also be suspicious of the statements of the rep who may be just another commissioned salesperson. I have had great luck with newegg but I agree something smells fishy. As usual with any internet purchase, proceed with caution.

I would, however, be surprised it newegg dealt with an unethical third party company given their great reputation.

8. TokedUp

TokedUp Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    I've bought many products from Newegg and never had a bad thing to say.