1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Buying a used Nexus 7 (2013)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tudyniuz, Dec 28, 2013.

1. tudyniuz

tudyniuz Newbie

Nov 14, 2013
    Male
    I found a really good price for a mint condition Nexus 7 (2013). I really want to get it but I'm not sure how the warranty works. The guy selling it has no receipt or papers. I found a source saying that Asus offers a one year warranty from the moment Google shipped the tablet to the retailer if you don't have any papers or receipt.

Can anyone confirm this? I am really eager to get it. :)

I just want some warranty for a couple of months in case it has some problems I can't spot at first sight.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    If you really want to deal with ASUS customer service, it might be a good deal, but make sure you have psychiatric coverage in your medical plan. (My old desktop came with 4 SATA connections and one PATA socket. I tried plugging an additional optical drive into the PATA socket but it wasn't seen at all. When I called to ask about it, I was told that the cabinet isn't meant to be opened by the customer. Not even by a customer who designs computers? Really? Are you sure you're not working in a drug store?)

Sometimes you get stupid answers from customer service ("can I please have the phone number of xxx location store?" "here's a list of the addresses of the stores near you"), but I can't handle CS people who aren't as intelligent as my wife's cat. Or even her cat food.

3. tudyniuz

tudyniuz Newbie

Nov 14, 2013
    Male
    My experience with Asus was great. I had a laptop from Asus which had some problems and they fixed it really quickly with no hassle. But I had a receipt.

I don't know if they're going to accept it based only on the IMEI or not, like Apple.

4. Simple_fear85

None
    Will this warrenty also be included if its bought at a store? I will be picking mine up tomorrow.

5. LakersDroid

LakersDroid Android Expert
    None

Jan 5, 2013
    Male
    Orange, CA
    I recently got a used nexus 32gb 2013 in mint condition. I traded my 1st gen mini 16gb for it. I needed more storage and wanted the freedom of android. I tested it before making the trade. As a bonus it already has a screen protector on it without any bubbles and a moko slim case. I could tell the owner took good care of it. Unit has been working without a hitch.
    I'd say if its mint condition then chances are the owner has been taking good care of it.
    I wouldnt worry too much about warranty. Test the cam and play around with settings, test it well before trading. Good luck!! Hope your unit is defects free :)