• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying an HTC EVO on craigslist

jiggy79

May 17, 2010
What are the disadvantages of buying an HTC EVO 4g on craigslist. I'm pretty sure I can activate the phone at a spring store and start my new contract with them. Once on new contract with sprint, will i be able to get insurance with sprint even though the phone was bought from a private seller (hint: google I/O)? Those are my two concerns right now, being able to get a new contract with Sprint and have immediate insurance on the phone in case something goes wrong with the phone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

James

Risk of scams. Unless I can do a CL deal face to face, I prefer the "security" that eBay provides.

I'm hunting for a Google IO Evo myself. Sprint shouldn't care about providing you TEP insurance - they get your $$$ either way. Use the phone number provided to the Google IO participants and they'll help you set up new services.

Upvote 0
you should be ok..

just be careful... smart... cautious

meet at in public area.
test the device... meet in area with open wifi, so you can test a lot of functions!!!
make sure you get the cables, and sd card....
make the phone reboot!!! start up from off.. with no issues.
etc. etc etc....

Remember... you are not obligated to buy it!!!
if you feel or see something fishy....walk away.

good luck

Reactions: jadoe05
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones