1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buying an international version for use in the US

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fayester, Apr 13, 2012.

1. fayester

fayester Member

I did not see a thread discussing this specific question for the One X.

I am tired of having two phones! I do a lot of international traveling and it requires me to carry two phones because 1. I am on Sprint and 2. I have a fantastic EVO. My 2nd phone is a cheap Samsung Galaxy Europa. While it does what I need it to do when I am away (have a phone number), it's no Evo. My next trip is coming up very soon and I would love to not deal with this. I hate AT&T and refuse to give them any money. The Sprint version seems to be CDMA??? so that still leaves me with having to carry 2 phones. Lastly, TMobile will be getting a variant of the One S, which I am not interested in. I am on the verge of purchasing a One X from Amazon. My Sprint contract expired a long time ago, so I am month to month anyway. I was thinking of using Simple Mobile or the Tmobile monthly plans. Will the international version work on these carriers AND will it get 4g speeds? Since its processor is not compatible with LTE, will it work with Tmobile's network? Will I at least get 3g speeds? Honestly, the most I use my data for is occasionally checking email, a lil Facebook, some Pandora and showing my blog to potential clients. I barely use 4g, because it just sucks in and around my house.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews